Huh. They DID post.
The last two posts up, about the kids, I didn't expect to see, since every time I tried to post them I was informed that I was committing an illegal action.
Uh...break out the handcuffs, I guess.
So here are the Deetisms that I wanted to share earlier and didn't get to.
He is recently flexing his muscles by laying claim to his toys.
Him: "Mine."
Me: "Stop saying that, Deet."
Him: "Mine."
Me: "Deet, don't you dare say that again!" (Yes, I KNOW. Shame on me.)
Pause. Wheels turning.
Him: "Deet's."
You can't fault him for the logic!
He's started picking up Sophie's adorable complimenting habit. Of course the first thing he complimented her on was her own blanket. (Since he's a blanket aficionado himself, I guess.) I got him out of the bed and he said to Sophie, "I wike yur bwanket!"
Sophie says "I like your..." about nearly everything. She leaned in to me the other day and said softly, "I wike your face."
I don't remember if I've recorded here Deet's name for Sophie. It took me awhile to figure it out, but he calls her "Babbis". Still not entirely sure why, but my best guess is because when I call them both, I often say, "Babies!"
The funniest incident regarding "Babbis" was when Erich was talking to the twins (who are both in the parrot phase). He said, "C'mon Deety-bug! C'mon Sophie-bird!"
Deet repeated, "Come. On. BabbisBird!"
One last thing - Sophie translates for her brother, who is not as advanced verbally as she is.
I ask her, "Sophie, what's he saying?" and she'll promptly tell me. 9 times out of 10, I can understand her even though I couldn't figure out what he said. And if you ask her to say Babbis, she gets a funny little grin on her face and answers, "Sophie". She won't SAY Babbis, but she'll translate it for you any time you ask!
Uh...break out the handcuffs, I guess.
So here are the Deetisms that I wanted to share earlier and didn't get to.
He is recently flexing his muscles by laying claim to his toys.
Him: "Mine."
Me: "Stop saying that, Deet."
Him: "Mine."
Me: "Deet, don't you dare say that again!" (Yes, I KNOW. Shame on me.)
Pause. Wheels turning.
Him: "Deet's."
You can't fault him for the logic!
He's started picking up Sophie's adorable complimenting habit. Of course the first thing he complimented her on was her own blanket. (Since he's a blanket aficionado himself, I guess.) I got him out of the bed and he said to Sophie, "I wike yur bwanket!"
Sophie says "I like your..." about nearly everything. She leaned in to me the other day and said softly, "I wike your face."
I don't remember if I've recorded here Deet's name for Sophie. It took me awhile to figure it out, but he calls her "Babbis". Still not entirely sure why, but my best guess is because when I call them both, I often say, "Babies!"
The funniest incident regarding "Babbis" was when Erich was talking to the twins (who are both in the parrot phase). He said, "C'mon Deety-bug! C'mon Sophie-bird!"
Deet repeated, "Come. On. BabbisBird!"
One last thing - Sophie translates for her brother, who is not as advanced verbally as she is.
I ask her, "Sophie, what's he saying?" and she'll promptly tell me. 9 times out of 10, I can understand her even though I couldn't figure out what he said. And if you ask her to say Babbis, she gets a funny little grin on her face and answers, "Sophie". She won't SAY Babbis, but she'll translate it for you any time you ask!

1 Comments:
At 2:39 PM,
Lista said…
No one has commented, so I guess it's up to me. I demand to know where those babies of your went and where these adorable kids came from.
Post a Comment
<< Home