Zoeism and a wee update
I was helping Gabby get dressed this morning before we made the agonizing drive up to see my pain management doctor. I commented on how slender she was, and she smiled and said, "I like being skinny. I'm very comfortable in my own skin."
Before I could really process where she'd picked up that particular turn of phrase, Zoe piped up, "I'm comfortable in my skin, too!" Then she grew thoughtful. "Of course..." she said, "If I didn't have skin, I wouldn't be very comfortable at all!"
**************************
Now that you've laughed at my daughter (don't worry, I did too), I will inform all four followers of this pathetically slow and randomly updated blog that as of January, DSL is coming to Johnson City. Whee! That means that we will have internet at HOME again, after three years of using the library and the EMS station's cracked out machine. That also hopefully means that this blog will be much more faithfully updated. Pictures will be posted far more frequently. And news will actually be posted WHEN it happens! Yay!
I just hope I can manage to keep from getting dependent on it again like I was before.
**************************
We are enjoying a lovely holiday season (although we mutter under our breath at all the tourists congesting our roads and bringing traffic to a literal standstill as they gawp at the PEC's spectacular lit trees and the courthouse in all its splendor).
I sang in our church's Christmas special on Sunday and had a wonderful time. The songs were lovely, we only missed one cue, and Sophie brought the house down when a hush fell and she asked at the top of her lungs, "WHERE'S BABY JESUS???"
*************************
Maybe next time I post, I'll actually have pictures to share with you all!
Before I could really process where she'd picked up that particular turn of phrase, Zoe piped up, "I'm comfortable in my skin, too!" Then she grew thoughtful. "Of course..." she said, "If I didn't have skin, I wouldn't be very comfortable at all!"
**************************
Now that you've laughed at my daughter (don't worry, I did too), I will inform all four followers of this pathetically slow and randomly updated blog that as of January, DSL is coming to Johnson City. Whee! That means that we will have internet at HOME again, after three years of using the library and the EMS station's cracked out machine. That also hopefully means that this blog will be much more faithfully updated. Pictures will be posted far more frequently. And news will actually be posted WHEN it happens! Yay!
I just hope I can manage to keep from getting dependent on it again like I was before.
**************************
We are enjoying a lovely holiday season (although we mutter under our breath at all the tourists congesting our roads and bringing traffic to a literal standstill as they gawp at the PEC's spectacular lit trees and the courthouse in all its splendor).
I sang in our church's Christmas special on Sunday and had a wonderful time. The songs were lovely, we only missed one cue, and Sophie brought the house down when a hush fell and she asked at the top of her lungs, "WHERE'S BABY JESUS???"
*************************
Maybe next time I post, I'll actually have pictures to share with you all!

1 Comments:
At 4:43 PM,
Lista said…
Can you see my happy dance from there? No? Let me make it bigger! GO DSL!!
Post a Comment
<< Home