Another milestone
Deet smiled at me yesterday! :o) I leaned over and looked into his eyes while putting my hand on his head, and he looked up, focused on my face for a second, and then recognition blossomed in his eyes and he gave me the most beautiful smile. It transformed his face, too - I just thought he was gorgeous before! ;o)
Since then, it's like he's figured out how to do it, and I've gotten several more, slightly smaller, smiles from him. If I can get him to focus on my face, he'll give me a gorgeous toothless grin almost immediately.
I just love these little milestones that don't mean much to anyone else - to me, they're the world!
We took Deet and Sophie both to the doctor's office today to get them weighed - the nurses said we could as long as we let them hold the babies as much as they wanted. ;o) So they played Musical Baby and passed the two of them around, but eventually they got weighed. Hold on to your hat - Deet weighs 11 pounds, 14 ounces! And Sophie weighs 11 pounds, 10 ounces! I still can't believe he actually weighs more than she does! For all we're still struggling with nursing, I think it's safe to say he's definitely getting enough to eat! :o)
Since then, it's like he's figured out how to do it, and I've gotten several more, slightly smaller, smiles from him. If I can get him to focus on my face, he'll give me a gorgeous toothless grin almost immediately.
I just love these little milestones that don't mean much to anyone else - to me, they're the world!
We took Deet and Sophie both to the doctor's office today to get them weighed - the nurses said we could as long as we let them hold the babies as much as they wanted. ;o) So they played Musical Baby and passed the two of them around, but eventually they got weighed. Hold on to your hat - Deet weighs 11 pounds, 14 ounces! And Sophie weighs 11 pounds, 10 ounces! I still can't believe he actually weighs more than she does! For all we're still struggling with nursing, I think it's safe to say he's definitely getting enough to eat! :o)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home