halcymouse

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Create in me a soft heart, oh God

Today in church, Joni, our pastor's wife, and son Rodney sang a song. It was from Jesus' and Mary's points of view as He hung on the cross and as His mother grieved for her Son. I wouldn't have worn mascara if I'd known they were going to sing, because I cried the whole way through. I suppose as a mother, it hit me harder, being more able to put myself in Mary's position.

Father, keep my heart soft, pliant and willing to do Your work, oh Lord. Help me to pass on my love for You to my children, help me to show You to them in everything I do. Make me not ashamed of You and Your Holy Word, and help me LIVE it, dear God. May I never be hardened to the pain that Your Son suffered for me.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Debaloonie Debonaire said…

    Ditto and Amen. I need Him to keep my heart more attuned to Him and less on myself.

    I hope and pray all is well with you and your family!! <3

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Michaela Grey said…

    Hey Deb! Yes, everything is fine with us. Thanks! :o)

    I see you on Facebook, and it's good to hear from you here too! :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home