If one more person...
says, "Oh, you have your hands full!" on seeing me with the twins, I'm going to drop-kick them into the middle of next week.
If one more person says, "Aww, a boy and a girl, that's great! Now you're done!" I'm going to sweetly point out that we're aiming for an even dozen.
If one more person says, "Wow, twins, I wouldn't want that for the world," I'll say, "Then I guess it's good that I've got them and you don't!"
Okay, so you know I really won't, but I sure would like to sometimes. All three of the above comments were said to me TODAY ALONE while out shopping with the babies. The "hands full" one is by far the most prevalent, and I wish I had a witty comeback for it.
I know most people mean well, and I make sure I always smile and thank them for their comments, but yargh! It gets a little tiresome sometimes, especially the assumption that a) I've got only two kids and b) it's a boy and a girl, so poof! Insta-family. No more kids for me. I happen to love children. I especially love children belonging to me. I firmly believe that "children are like arrows in the quiver of a righteous man", and every single one is a blessing. And you can never have too many blessing. ;o)
On a completely unrelated note, Gabby has the cutest pronunciation for the word "nearly": she says it "near-yez". Not sure where that came from, but I wanted to record it for posterity before I forgot.
If one more person says, "Aww, a boy and a girl, that's great! Now you're done!" I'm going to sweetly point out that we're aiming for an even dozen.
If one more person says, "Wow, twins, I wouldn't want that for the world," I'll say, "Then I guess it's good that I've got them and you don't!"
Okay, so you know I really won't, but I sure would like to sometimes. All three of the above comments were said to me TODAY ALONE while out shopping with the babies. The "hands full" one is by far the most prevalent, and I wish I had a witty comeback for it.
I know most people mean well, and I make sure I always smile and thank them for their comments, but yargh! It gets a little tiresome sometimes, especially the assumption that a) I've got only two kids and b) it's a boy and a girl, so poof! Insta-family. No more kids for me. I happen to love children. I especially love children belonging to me. I firmly believe that "children are like arrows in the quiver of a righteous man", and every single one is a blessing. And you can never have too many blessing. ;o)
On a completely unrelated note, Gabby has the cutest pronunciation for the word "nearly": she says it "near-yez". Not sure where that came from, but I wanted to record it for posterity before I forgot.

1 Comments:
At 4:44 PM,
WonderWomanWinterCamp said…
Tell them "I would rather have my hand full than my heart empty".
:)
I apologize if I have EVER said that to you!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home