Attack of the puppies!
Our next-door neighbors (the other side of this duplex) have three little terrier/dachsund puppies that have decided that they like our patio better than theirs, and any time we step out the back door, we're swarmed by little black and brindle bodies. Thankfully, they're very sweet, so it's not too obnoxious, although the poop all over the patio gets a little annoying...
At any rate, Gabby went outside today, and a few minutes later I heard her calling me desperately. "I need to get rescued! I need to get rescued by puppies!" I looked up to see her pinned halfway through the screen door, sprawled on the ground and swamped by little wriggling bodies. I said, "Do you mean rescued from puppies?" as I burst out laughing at the sight. She said, "Yes! Yes! Rescued from puppies! HEEEELLLP!"
There ensued a five minute battle where we did a round robin of puppies in and out of the house. It didn't help that we were both laughing so hard we kept dropping them.
Life is never boring around here!
At any rate, Gabby went outside today, and a few minutes later I heard her calling me desperately. "I need to get rescued! I need to get rescued by puppies!" I looked up to see her pinned halfway through the screen door, sprawled on the ground and swamped by little wriggling bodies. I said, "Do you mean rescued from puppies?" as I burst out laughing at the sight. She said, "Yes! Yes! Rescued from puppies! HEEEELLLP!"
There ensued a five minute battle where we did a round robin of puppies in and out of the house. It didn't help that we were both laughing so hard we kept dropping them.
Life is never boring around here!

1 Comments:
At 6:50 AM,
Lista said…
Lol! This reminds me of when we fostered the dachshunds when Gabe was a baby. I had to set his infant seat on the porch whist I unlocked the door, and they would climb up on him and lick him silly!
Post a Comment
<< Home