Best family ever
This post was going to be about Erich, titled "Best Husband Ever". Then Gabby went and did something this morning that made me cry, and I had to include her in this.
I spent three hours last night working on dresses for the girls with some fabric that I found in storage. It's lovely stuff, like spring lawn. Light and crisp, with tiny rosebuds printed on it. I managed to get identical dresses for Gabby and Zoe out of it, then had to get creative and ended up with a skirt and blouse for Sophie, since I ran out of fabric.
The girls were nearly beside themselves with excitement - they love new dresses, and they couldn't wait to wear them to church.
About 2 am, I got hit by an awful attack that just would NOT go away. I gritted my teeth and made it through the night, but I woke up this morning knowing that there was no way we were going to be able to go to church. I was just hurting too much.
Gabby asked me how I was feeling and I tried to stifle tears as I told her I was hurting so much but I didn't want to tell them they couldn't go to church.
"It's okay, Mama, we can wear them NEXT week!" she said.
When my 7 year old stifles her disappointment so that Mama won't hurt worse, I know she's an incredible child. (Not that I didn't know that already.)
I spent three hours last night working on dresses for the girls with some fabric that I found in storage. It's lovely stuff, like spring lawn. Light and crisp, with tiny rosebuds printed on it. I managed to get identical dresses for Gabby and Zoe out of it, then had to get creative and ended up with a skirt and blouse for Sophie, since I ran out of fabric.
The girls were nearly beside themselves with excitement - they love new dresses, and they couldn't wait to wear them to church.
About 2 am, I got hit by an awful attack that just would NOT go away. I gritted my teeth and made it through the night, but I woke up this morning knowing that there was no way we were going to be able to go to church. I was just hurting too much.
Gabby asked me how I was feeling and I tried to stifle tears as I told her I was hurting so much but I didn't want to tell them they couldn't go to church.
"It's okay, Mama, we can wear them NEXT week!" she said.
When my 7 year old stifles her disappointment so that Mama won't hurt worse, I know she's an incredible child. (Not that I didn't know that already.)
(My son, he's special.)I also had to share a sweetness from my husband. Last night we were talking, and he came up behind me and said, "You look really good tonight."
I laughed ruefully. "In my oldest, slubbiest shirt and most ancient pants? I look like a ragpile!"
"I wasn't looking at your clothes," he said. "I was looking at you."
~melt~
I adore my family. I am so blessed.

1 Comments:
At 7:54 PM,
Lista said…
Aaaaaaaaaaw, you're making ME cry!
Post a Comment
<< Home