halcymouse

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oops!

I completely forgot to call Mals and wish him a happy birthday. But I thought of him a lot all day long! ;o)

I am SO proud of Gabby! Since she's decided to use the potty, she hasn't had a single accident! In fact, if I put her diaper on before she's ready for bed, she'll ask me to take it off so she can use the potty, instead of just going in the diaper. The other day she did wet her diaper, and then insisted she needed a fresh one because it was wet. Sounds to me like the first step in keeping her dry overnight! :o)

Gabby's still pretty whiney, but I've noticed an improvement, albeit slight, over the past few days. Several times she's insisted on doing something herself, which makes me very happy - normally she's all too willing to have me do it for her.

She also got to see helicopters on Monday! What a thrill for her! Her daddy took her to the fire hall for a meeting, and they had training with the rescue helicopters (two of them), so Gabs got to see the choppers land and take off, etc. She was very animated and talked to the pilots non-stop about how she was going to fly helicopters when she got older, etc. She informed me that she was going to fly a "yittle" helicopter because she's "yittle". But Daddy will fly a "BEEG" helicopter 'cuz he's big! :o)

Oh, twinfant update! Sophie is still transverse but she's swapped ends - her head is over on my right side now and her feet over on my left, completely sideways. Deet is breech again - he's swapped ends back, and his head is up now (and Sophie is kicking him in it!) and he's sitting low in my pelvis. At this point, they're big enough that they can't turn easily, so it's anybody's guess whether this is the position they'll be in when they're born or not. They *could* conceivably still go head down again - we'll see. Thankfully, my doctor is not scalpel happy and wants to give them as much time as possible to go head down before doing a C-section. Right now the two of them are doing a great impression of a "T".

Also, Sophie weighs 4 pounds even (58th percentile) and Deet weighs 4 pounds, 13 ounces! (97th percentile!) Apparently my comment about him being a linebacker was truer than I knew! ;o) Since they're both above average in weight, the doctors aren't worried about the disparity.

I also got a wonderful 4D image of Sophie's precious little face. I will try to post it soon, as soon as I get it onto the computer.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Awwwww....she is ADORABLE! Just as are both Gabby and Zoe...I can hardly wait to see what Deet looks like! And VERY glad to hear that the doc is not knife happy. It is MUCH easier to recover physically from a "normal" birth than one in which you are cut stem to stern, then add two newbies to the mix...ugh! The very thought makes me feel the need to take a nap!
    LOVE YA! Rebecca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home