Single motherhood
My first full day of it was today (Monday). Gabby, the twins and I dropped Erich off at the academy in Austin Sunday afternoon. She and I both held it together until he was gone and we were driving away, but then Gabby said, "I'm going to be wifout a daddy for a bery yong time." and burst into tears. :o( She's still quite sad, but she's also taken to heart the talk her daddy had with her before he left, about being my helper, and she's been picking up diapers, putting dishes in the sink, and helping me clean very sweetly and happily.
I don't expect to hear from Erich for some time, since he has no cell phone and no calling card at the moment. His days are going to be rather packed, in any case, and he won't have much time for talking!
In the meantime, here are some cute twinlet pictures to cheer me up. You can enjoy them too. ;o)







I don't expect to hear from Erich for some time, since he has no cell phone and no calling card at the moment. His days are going to be rather packed, in any case, and he won't have much time for talking!
In the meantime, here are some cute twinlet pictures to cheer me up. You can enjoy them too. ;o)

Whut?

Gabby's not the only one that loves this Pony! (That's a tutu she's wearing, btw.)

Whassup?

I love the "matching" outfits here.

Deet says, "My Nanay is funny!" Sophie says, "Am I getting out of here in the foreseeable future?"

Hey, 'Lista! Look familiar?

Hey, 'Lista, take two! She loves her Miss Kitty (a present from her great-Aunt Doris), but she also sleeps with the beautiful blanket her honorary Aunt Calista crocheted her.
Right now, they're both in the kitchen. Deet is sitting on Sophie's leg - she's not complaining at all. They're inspecting each other's faces; Sophie's playing with a little toy car and Deet is trying to get something he shouldn't eat out from under the cupboard. Oh, and Sophie is playing an experimental drum rhythm on Deet's head with the car.

1 Comments:
At 2:58 PM,
Lista said…
It's good to see them enjoying their blankies! They get cuter everytime you post new pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home