Meant to be together...
And here's why.
Background: I don't usually have OCD (anyone who's seen my house knows this), but there are some things that I like done a certain way. One that comes to mind is the color of a baby's bottle and who it belongs to. For instance, the green and blue bottles are Deet's. The purple and pink ones are Sophie's. The clear ones are for either, at which point the color of the nipple ring is what determines who it goes to.
So, the other day I made two bottles, a purple and a green one. As I made them, I was thinking that Erich was really going to laugh at me when I handed them to him and told him they were each designated to a baby already.
I set them on the table next to him, said "The green one's for Deet, purple's for Sophie," and turned to go back in the kitchen before he could laugh at me.
From behind me I heard him say, "Oh, you color code them too?"
........
There ensued a lively discussion in which we discovered that we each have been independently giving the exact same bottles to each baby without the other's knowledge.
Yep, I married the right man for me. ;o)
Background: I don't usually have OCD (anyone who's seen my house knows this), but there are some things that I like done a certain way. One that comes to mind is the color of a baby's bottle and who it belongs to. For instance, the green and blue bottles are Deet's. The purple and pink ones are Sophie's. The clear ones are for either, at which point the color of the nipple ring is what determines who it goes to.
So, the other day I made two bottles, a purple and a green one. As I made them, I was thinking that Erich was really going to laugh at me when I handed them to him and told him they were each designated to a baby already.
I set them on the table next to him, said "The green one's for Deet, purple's for Sophie," and turned to go back in the kitchen before he could laugh at me.
From behind me I heard him say, "Oh, you color code them too?"
........
There ensued a lively discussion in which we discovered that we each have been independently giving the exact same bottles to each baby without the other's knowledge.
Yep, I married the right man for me. ;o)

3 Comments:
At 6:42 AM,
Lista said…
Lol! This is not as strange as you might think. From my past experiences with husbands, I have learned that men will never willingly let their sons touch anything pink or purple!
At 4:18 AM,
Sandra said…
:-D I'd have to agree with your friend "Lista"... My husband strikes at any kind of girly color for Linus (not so much as a thin pink stripe on anything is allowed!!). Still, your reasoning (that you & Erich are MFEA) is so much sweeter, that I prefer to think of it that way!!! ;-)
At 3:11 PM,
Halcyon said…
Hee! Actually, I've been known to put Deet in one of Sophie's pink onesies when all his are dirty, and Erich usually doesn't even notice. LOL Not to mention, Deet's really latched onto his blanket (like Linus of Charlie Brown), and it's purple and white.
I guess we're just making sure he's in touch with his feminine side. LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home