halcymouse

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

That's not a mouse!

I've been working with Sophie on various words recently. I got her to say "mouse" (mow), and she says "Daddy" and "Mommy" perfectly. (She's the first of my children to call me Mommy and not Mama, for some reason.) She even says "Gabby" AND says it almost exactly like Gabby used to say it herself - "Bahbee". Utterly adorable, although she only says it if no one is listening - any other time and her Not A Performing Monkey light starts flashing on her forehead.

Anyway, I was changing her diaper while she was playing with a red fuzzy teddy and I started asking her if she could say mouse again. "Sophie, can you say mouse? Say mouse, Sophie. Mouse. Moooouuuuse. Say mouse, honey!"
She gave me a look that said far better than words that Mama is really not too bright, held up Red Fuzzy and said, "Bear." Get it right, Mom!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger FourMileFarm said…

    Today Zoe was holding a little stuffed pony while looking at the goats in the back of our truck. One of the goats tried to nibble on it and Halcy said something about the pony not being edible. And Sophie said "Ed-ib-le!" :o)

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Teresa/ride4fun said…

    YAY, you're BACK.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Halcyon said…

    Actually, I was kissing Sophie and I told her that SHE was edible! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home