Our new home!
Which is my way of telling y'all that we found a house! YAY! Thank you Lord! And talk about coming down to the wire - we found it the Saturday before Erich had to report to work on Monday! Whew!
It's a rental - we're going to live here for about a year and then reevaluate. Financially we'll be in a much better position if we decide we want to buy something then, and about the same time we will be able to move and may decide we want to be elsewhere in the state. This lets us keep our options open.
It's a mobile home, 3 BR/2 BA. It's at the edge of a floodplain, so it's a good 6-8 feet off the ground. I felt like I was in an eyrie, standing in the dining room and looking out the double glass doors all.the.way.down. There's no back porch, so if you walk out the back door, it's a quick thud/splat.
It has a small yard in front, and our landlord is a very nice young man. He's a college student, renting this out to save money. He was extremely friendly and said that we were welcome to have any pets we wanted, and when I told him that we were pretty definite that we wanted it and we'd give him the deposit on Tuesday, he promptly handed over the front door key, even without anything in writing. It seems being a trooper really does open doors - even literal ones!
So...here are pictures!
Our deck - there are two sets of stairs up to the door. Up the first flight and to the right there is a little enclosure for a barbecue pit, or possibly I'll put a rocking chair there, since the front yard is off to the left in this picture.
The kitchen, with the master bedroom beyond and the small dining area to the right. Who IS that handsome man? I wonder if he comes with the house?

Left side of the kitchen - Erich is leaning on the bar. We have some stools we'll put there and that's probably where the girls will eat the majority of their meals. That's our landlord in the green.
The right side of the kitchen has a built-in desk for a computer. Microwave cubby right beside it.
The master bath. (With Gabby peeking in the mirror.) I LOVE the tub, and there's a separate shower stall. To the right is a second door to the master bedroom's closet. For some reason, having a walkthrough closet really tickles me.
This bed frame was in the room that will be the twins'. Lucas promised he'd get rid of it, and I promptly asked if I could have it. So now Zoe has a bed frame for her mattress!
I love the windows in the twins' room.

Zoe's room is much smaller, about half this size, and much darker. Not very exciting, but a 3 year old girl doesn't need a whole lot. She's lucky to be getting a room of her own! At this point, Gabby's either going to be sleeping with the twins or she'll be in the second bathroom, if she continues to want to sleep in the tub. She does that here 100% of the time.
I think I'm going to frame this picture and hang it up. I LOVE the cranked back shoulders as she marches determinedly down the hall towards Daddy and Big Sister.
There ya have it, folks! New digs! Now pray for me, please, because I'm in the middle of packing this apartment and all 6 of us, since Erich reported for work this Monday. Not to mention I had a doctor's appt on Monday and a dentist appt today.
I keep reminding myself that Erich moved us once almost solely by himself, and once with help from my parents but not from me (right after my C-section), so this is my comeuppance. It had to happen eventually, I guess...
It's a rental - we're going to live here for about a year and then reevaluate. Financially we'll be in a much better position if we decide we want to buy something then, and about the same time we will be able to move and may decide we want to be elsewhere in the state. This lets us keep our options open.
It's a mobile home, 3 BR/2 BA. It's at the edge of a floodplain, so it's a good 6-8 feet off the ground. I felt like I was in an eyrie, standing in the dining room and looking out the double glass doors all.the.way.down. There's no back porch, so if you walk out the back door, it's a quick thud/splat.
It has a small yard in front, and our landlord is a very nice young man. He's a college student, renting this out to save money. He was extremely friendly and said that we were welcome to have any pets we wanted, and when I told him that we were pretty definite that we wanted it and we'd give him the deposit on Tuesday, he promptly handed over the front door key, even without anything in writing. It seems being a trooper really does open doors - even literal ones!
So...here are pictures!
Our deck - there are two sets of stairs up to the door. Up the first flight and to the right there is a little enclosure for a barbecue pit, or possibly I'll put a rocking chair there, since the front yard is off to the left in this picture.
The kitchen, with the master bedroom beyond and the small dining area to the right. Who IS that handsome man? I wonder if he comes with the house?
Left side of the kitchen - Erich is leaning on the bar. We have some stools we'll put there and that's probably where the girls will eat the majority of their meals. That's our landlord in the green.
The right side of the kitchen has a built-in desk for a computer. Microwave cubby right beside it.
The master bath. (With Gabby peeking in the mirror.) I LOVE the tub, and there's a separate shower stall. To the right is a second door to the master bedroom's closet. For some reason, having a walkthrough closet really tickles me.
This bed frame was in the room that will be the twins'. Lucas promised he'd get rid of it, and I promptly asked if I could have it. So now Zoe has a bed frame for her mattress!
I love the windows in the twins' room.
Zoe's room is much smaller, about half this size, and much darker. Not very exciting, but a 3 year old girl doesn't need a whole lot. She's lucky to be getting a room of her own! At this point, Gabby's either going to be sleeping with the twins or she'll be in the second bathroom, if she continues to want to sleep in the tub. She does that here 100% of the time.
I think I'm going to frame this picture and hang it up. I LOVE the cranked back shoulders as she marches determinedly down the hall towards Daddy and Big Sister.
There ya have it, folks! New digs! Now pray for me, please, because I'm in the middle of packing this apartment and all 6 of us, since Erich reported for work this Monday. Not to mention I had a doctor's appt on Monday and a dentist appt today. I keep reminding myself that Erich moved us once almost solely by himself, and once with help from my parents but not from me (right after my C-section), so this is my comeuppance. It had to happen eventually, I guess...

6 Comments:
At 9:00 AM,
Lista said…
It's beautiful! I was going to ask if Gabby had already claimed the second tub as her own! It almost makes me rethink my refusal to look at mobile homes...yours is NICE! But my refusal is more related to the high winds that seem to be a regular part of Oklahoma life! I have enough munchkins without winding up in Oz, thank you very much! :o)
At 3:41 PM,
Rachel said…
I love all of the built-ins! Also, the bathtub looks great! Better claim that one before Gabby does:) We recently moved to, and our new landlord decided to rent to us before we even filled out an application. Being a LEO definitely has its perks! Good luck with all of the packing and moving! I just did it last month so I feel for you!
At 6:58 AM,
Teresa/ride4fun said…
Have fun packing. At least you have the reward of a really nice place at the end of it.
At 9:02 PM,
Allie said…
OHMYGOSH SOPHIE'S WALKING?!!!!! Oh. I knew that. But I hadn't seen a PIC! That's so awesome! And Deet's STILL not? heheh. He gets carried around a lot, anyway. lol
At 6:35 PM,
Lista said…
When you get a computer up and running...TAG, you're it!
At 9:30 PM,
Unknown said…
Wow - that's a great place for you -- and with a good sized kitchen to boot. Hope this note finds you done unpacking and enjoying your new life! Hugs!!
Post a Comment
<< Home