I'm never moving again...
I'm not sure anyone even checks this thing anymore, since I haven't updated it in months. (Abject apologies for that, by the way.) But in the off-chance that there are a few die-hards still hoping for an update, here you go.
We have moved. Again. ~sigh~ Not long after my last post here, the air conditioner in our trailer went belly-up. Our landlord refused to fix it, saying she didn't have any money and couldn't afford it. So we went about nearly a month with no a/c during one of the hottest times of the year in Texas - THAT was fun. And we started looking seriously for something else to rent.
The good news is, we found something! It was ready on July 1st, so that's when we moved, and we are loving it. It is an actual house, not a trailer, it's been completely renovated and updated, and the living room has skylights and a fireplace. It's a really nice place, and the kids all love it too. Still no yard, unfortunately, but we're on a deadend street, so we have very little traffic. And our landlord is a wonderful man, very conscientious about taking care of anything that goes wrong, and very friendly and kind. He and his wife raised their three boys in this house, so it has a lot of history for him. He comes and visits and plays with the kids occasionally, and we all really like him.
Erich is still loving being a trooper. He's passing all his tests with solid scores and his FTO, Mike, is pleased with him. They're becoming friends, which is nice. And Erich looks forward to going to work, which is just too wonderful for words. It's been a long time since I've seen him so happy!
The kids are all growing rapidly, of course. Zoe has really come up with some hilarious comments lately, and of course I haven't written most of them down, but I did manage to save one. We were driving up to Hico for a doctor's appointment for me, and Zoe was in between the twins in the backseat. They were all tired and cranky and sick of being in the car, and the twins were starting to really annoy Zoss, so she told me, "Mama, I'm going to close my eyes so the babies can't see me."
It was really frustrating to the poor wee girl when it didn't actually work!
Deet is walking really well now, and Sophie is running and jumping. They're still very attached to each other and have their own language, which is adorable. Sophie has a few words, and Deet says thank you ("dada"), but for the most part they just babble unintelligibly. They manage to make themselves understood, though!
Gabby is still dead-set on being a dancer. I'm hoping to get her lessons soon - in the meantime she still dances all over the house and wears a leotard morning, noon and night. She's wanted this for nearly 3 years, which is a long time for a little girl!
I also have a prayer request - my bestest friend, Calista, is having a really rough time lately. She and her husband are trying to get pregnant with a baby girl, and Calista's struggling badly with a lot of physical problems due to the drugs and things they have her on. She wrote me from the hospital today, and she's not doing well at all. Please pray that things will straighten out for her and they'll be able to get pregnant soon and that she'll have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby at the end of it.
Sorry for not having pictures to share - the library computer won't allow me to save anything to the hard drive, so I can't put any up right now. I've taken a bunch, though, and I'll share them as soon as I can.
We have moved. Again. ~sigh~ Not long after my last post here, the air conditioner in our trailer went belly-up. Our landlord refused to fix it, saying she didn't have any money and couldn't afford it. So we went about nearly a month with no a/c during one of the hottest times of the year in Texas - THAT was fun. And we started looking seriously for something else to rent.
The good news is, we found something! It was ready on July 1st, so that's when we moved, and we are loving it. It is an actual house, not a trailer, it's been completely renovated and updated, and the living room has skylights and a fireplace. It's a really nice place, and the kids all love it too. Still no yard, unfortunately, but we're on a deadend street, so we have very little traffic. And our landlord is a wonderful man, very conscientious about taking care of anything that goes wrong, and very friendly and kind. He and his wife raised their three boys in this house, so it has a lot of history for him. He comes and visits and plays with the kids occasionally, and we all really like him.
Erich is still loving being a trooper. He's passing all his tests with solid scores and his FTO, Mike, is pleased with him. They're becoming friends, which is nice. And Erich looks forward to going to work, which is just too wonderful for words. It's been a long time since I've seen him so happy!
The kids are all growing rapidly, of course. Zoe has really come up with some hilarious comments lately, and of course I haven't written most of them down, but I did manage to save one. We were driving up to Hico for a doctor's appointment for me, and Zoe was in between the twins in the backseat. They were all tired and cranky and sick of being in the car, and the twins were starting to really annoy Zoss, so she told me, "Mama, I'm going to close my eyes so the babies can't see me."
It was really frustrating to the poor wee girl when it didn't actually work!
Deet is walking really well now, and Sophie is running and jumping. They're still very attached to each other and have their own language, which is adorable. Sophie has a few words, and Deet says thank you ("dada"), but for the most part they just babble unintelligibly. They manage to make themselves understood, though!
Gabby is still dead-set on being a dancer. I'm hoping to get her lessons soon - in the meantime she still dances all over the house and wears a leotard morning, noon and night. She's wanted this for nearly 3 years, which is a long time for a little girl!
I also have a prayer request - my bestest friend, Calista, is having a really rough time lately. She and her husband are trying to get pregnant with a baby girl, and Calista's struggling badly with a lot of physical problems due to the drugs and things they have her on. She wrote me from the hospital today, and she's not doing well at all. Please pray that things will straighten out for her and they'll be able to get pregnant soon and that she'll have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby at the end of it.
Sorry for not having pictures to share - the library computer won't allow me to save anything to the hard drive, so I can't put any up right now. I've taken a bunch, though, and I'll share them as soon as I can.

3 Comments:
At 9:03 AM,
Debaloonie Debonaire said…
Hi Halcyon! I just wanted to let you know that I check your blog, but until today, haven't had an account with which to respond.
How does one add another to their friend's list?
Love ya!
Deby
At 4:08 PM,
Lista said…
Aw, I haven't checked your blog in forever (studip computer won't work) and then I find you've been blogging about me!!! I could cry! I'm doing much, much better as of right now! And, should you ever have internet access at home again, I have tagged you on my blog! Love you bunches!
At 12:39 AM,
Britt said…
Will be praying for Calista. Nice to read an update on you guys! BTW- this is Britt from EF :)
Actually, I will be praying for you all too! Chat soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home