halcymouse

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ride - 4/21/10

Pretty uneventful ride this evening. Sophie and Deet went to their friend Emily's birthday party in the park, and Erich and I went out to the settlement. Alison drove up as I was getting Captain out, so we rode together.

Captain was kinda hot to begin with, but he stood while I got on, and I did it this time without anyone even nearby. (Erich was up at the barn talking to Alison.) But he settled down quickly and I think the new saddle is a HUGE improvement. He moved out freely and had good range of motion through his shoulders. He also stretched a LOT - rambled along with his nose in the dirt half the time, which is something he hasn't done before.

The sweat pattern afterward was EVEN! (That's a good thing, if anyone is actually reading these. It means there were no pressure points stopping the sweat ducts from functioning properly.)

It's a cheap saddle, but it fits and it's good for my needs and it'll do for the time being. By the time it falls apart, he'll probably be a completely different shape and I'll need another one anyway! ;o)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Teresa/ride4fun said…

    A cheapie saddle that fits is better than a $$$ one that does not. Congrats on getting vitamin H.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home