halcymouse

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy birthday, Zoe!

Zoe turned two years old today! Of course she woke up crabby and clingy and went down for a VERY early morning nap, but on take two, she woke up bright and cheerful and stayed that way the rest of the day.
She was fascinated by everyone singing Happy Birthday to her. And she really got into unwrapping her presents! She got a new Duplo set from Erich and me (for her and Gabby, of course), a fairy princess outfit from her daddy, and a small stuffed elephant from me. Nanay and Lolo gave her a Richard Scarry book (our favorite author!) and a small mop, which she loved and waved around wildly until we rescued it from her. And her grandfather gave her a bee-yoo-tiful, incredibly soft brown bunny with long floppy ears that she cooed and cuddled with immediately. She named him Buckle (don't ask me where that came from), and the elephant became Camel (again, no clue). She also got a neat squeaky stuffed mouse from her grandmother, but by then she was so overwhelmed with all the attention that we put it aside for her to open later.
I got pictures (of course!) but haven't downloaded them yet. She danced in her fairy princess outfit (complete with wings) and had such a wonderful time!

God truly blessed us when He gave us our Zozobean. She is such an amazing child, so full of life and love and cuddles. Where Gabby is the whirlwind, Zoe is the eye of the storm. Not to say she doesn't have her tantrums - she does! But she has a peace to her that Gabby's never had.
Speaking of Gabby, she enjoyed Zoe's party as much as Zoe did! She even wrapped several presents for her (with help) and really got into the spirit of the thing. I hope we did a decent job of showing her that everyone gets a special Day; today was Zoe's and her turn will come soon. Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes and presents and helped make Zoe's birthday so special!

In other news, we went to my regular ob today and had a good talk with him. I am measuring 43 weeks now! I am actually 35 weeks today, which is what we were really hoping for - it means I can deliver in Stephenville now! No more worrying about having to trek to Ft. Worth while in labor! Now all I have to worry about is going into labor while my doctor is out of town next week. Ack! Well, if he does, the doctors at Harris Methodist (Hairy Methodists, according to Erich) are quite competent and I know they'll take good care of us all.

I'm working on a neat pattern for a crocheted lap throw that I found in a magazine. It's beautiful and very quick, which is good, since it's a Christmas gift. ;o)

Erich passed the physical and written tests for Stephenville last week (of course) and scored highest of anyone on the written test (of course). Next is putting his background information together and turning it in so that they can do the necessary background check and then call him for an interview. Somewhere in there they'll call me and interview me as well. Fun fun!

That's all the news from the Neumanns lately. Hope everyone is doing well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home