Another conversation with a 2 year old
I called Zoe and she came running in, "Yeah?"
"Can you say yes ma'am?"
She said, "Yeah!"
So I said, "Can you say yes?"
She said, "Yes!"
Much praise.
"Now can you say yes ma'am?"
"No!"
(It is interesting to note that Gabby has consistently more success than I do in getting Zoe to pronounce words. She also translates for her, since Zoe's "no" usually means "yes" [but it also means no, so a little deciphering is sometimes necessary]. I'll ask Zoe a question, and she'll say no, and Gabby will promptly pipe up, "No is means for yes, Mama." She apparently thinks I forget every single time, so I need to be reminded! :o)
"Can you say yes ma'am?"
She said, "Yeah!"
So I said, "Can you say yes?"
She said, "Yes!"
Much praise.
"Now can you say yes ma'am?"
"No!"
(It is interesting to note that Gabby has consistently more success than I do in getting Zoe to pronounce words. She also translates for her, since Zoe's "no" usually means "yes" [but it also means no, so a little deciphering is sometimes necessary]. I'll ask Zoe a question, and she'll say no, and Gabby will promptly pipe up, "No is means for yes, Mama." She apparently thinks I forget every single time, so I need to be reminded! :o)

2 Comments:
At 11:38 AM,
Allie said…
I always crack up when I read your blog. LOL
At 11:39 AM,
Allie said…
Gabs just now said, in regard to "doopwo", "It makin' me terrible (emphasis on the 'terrible') not get it on!!"
Post a Comment
<< Home