halcymouse

Thursday, November 09, 2006

I have come to the conclusion...

That I'm going to be pregnant for the rest of my life. Yep. Pretty sure I am. What they neglect to tell you when you learn you're pregnant with twins is that gestation may be shorter in actual fact, but it feels at least twice as long. I feel like I've been pregnant for about 18 months. I just thought I was huge before. And it's not over yet!
From the way things have progressed so far, I may even make it to 39 weeks, which is when the doctor said he'll induce me, because after that the placenta will start to deteriorate and the babies could begin to fail.
Personally, I'm hoping for middle of next week, but I doubt highly that the twinfants will cooperate - I think they're happy where they are and if they have their way, they won't come out at all. (I'm really not complaining - I LOVE feeling the lumps and bumps of them as they squirm and roll, but I definitely could do without looking like a river barge.)
Among Erich's favorite names for me: Momzilla. Mount Mama. And my personal favorite - the Mother Ship.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger FourMileFarm said…

    Dear Mother Ship,
    We are anxiously awaiting updates. (DAILY updates.)
    PLEASE???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home