My daughter made me proud
Gabby spent some time alone with me in the hospital while I was recovering there, and a nurse came in to check my vitals at one point and started chatting with her. Of course Gabby's excited about Christmas, but we're working hard on not ramping her up about the presents she might be getting - she's excited more about the whole experience itself. We mention that we get and give presents in passing and that's it. Well, this nurse said, "Are you excited about Christmas? What are you getting for Christmas this year?" (It really frustrates me to see people encouraging greediness and materialism in young children, even though I know she meant well - she just wasn't thinking.) Anyway, Gabby ducked her head and got shy for a minute, but then she looked up and said (with NO prompting from me, I swear!), "I'm getting two babies called Sophie an' Deet."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home