Settle down
I've been working with Gabby on the practice of calming herself down when she gets really wild.
The concept of highs and lows is somewhat lost on her right now - she doesn't understand why I ask her to stop laughing so hysterically or running around so wildly. I've tried to explain that when she's flying that high, quite often a crash follows soon after and then come the tears.
She just proved that she still doesn't quite have a grasp on it yet:
Zoe was laughing and being silly, and Gabby said, "Settle down, Zoe. Settle down or you will crash and break into lots of little pieces and then you will cry!"
Yeah...I've got my work cut out for me.
The concept of highs and lows is somewhat lost on her right now - she doesn't understand why I ask her to stop laughing so hysterically or running around so wildly. I've tried to explain that when she's flying that high, quite often a crash follows soon after and then come the tears.
She just proved that she still doesn't quite have a grasp on it yet:
Zoe was laughing and being silly, and Gabby said, "Settle down, Zoe. Settle down or you will crash and break into lots of little pieces and then you will cry!"
Yeah...I've got my work cut out for me.

1 Comments:
At 7:26 AM,
Lista said…
That's hysterical! I love how things get interpretted by small children. At that age, Gabe went around telling everyone that his mom had a crawl space and when the baby was done growing it was going to crawl out. Not quite sure how that thought entered his brain, but there you have it!
Post a Comment
<< Home