halcymouse

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Update on Erich

I feel I really must protest Mum and Dad moving out to the farm. It means that I am unable to call and talk to Mum seventeen times a day (on average), and what AM I going to do with myself if I can't do that?
Wait...maybe that's WHY they're moving...

Nah. Couldn't be.

Moving on! I heard from Erich tonight, and he sounded really great. He's got only about 8 more pounds to lose, and looks fantastic. I can't describe how my heart lifts when I hear him sounding so happy and confident. The first two weeks were so hard; he really struggled with the physical aspect (especially the running) and wasn't sure he was going to make it. And now, 5th week into the academy, he ran eight laps tonight 14 seconds faster than he ran seven laps when he first started! It's doing wonders for his confidence levels, and I can really hear the peace and pride in his voice, which does wonders for my STRESS levels! :o)
Also, he's part of an impromptu Bible study with a group of other guys from his class. It's not every night, but just when they find themselves with a little free time, and it's so good for him. There are a lot of men there that are involved with the church; in fact, the most recent drop-out was a young man who decided to join the ministry instead. (Erich told me that he said, "I don't know why he did that; there's plenty of ways he could have ministered as a state trooper. He could have "ministered" a blood alcohol test, he could have "ministered" a roadside sobriety test, etc., etc." ;o)
Oh, and my almost-Yankee husband has the best Spanish accent in his class! He says some of the guys murder Spanish the way he intentionally mangles French - it's painful to hear. When he comes home, he starts spouting off long phrases, and now I'm finding HIM teaching ME words! Oh, the embarrassment.
Back to the physical thing: today was the second testing of physical aptitude. Of course the tests keep getting harder, but Erich said he scored high on everything and he was surprised at how EASY it was.
So please don't stop praying, because we're always in need of it (especially that his back will stay strong and not go out on him), but he's really settling in and getting a feel for this, and every time I talk to him, he sounds better. :o)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Thanks for the update on how Erich is doing, Halcy... I've been wondering about how he's holding up and I am *soooo* glad to hear that all is going so well for him!!! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home