halcymouse

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My latest project


Erich bought me a gorgeous knitting book for my birthday (and thank you for the well-wishes, all!) and the first things I made were this little stripey hat and a pair of booties, for Erich's bunkmate, Mickley. Well, not for HIM, actually...more like for his brand-new baby girl, born the day before my birthday. :o)
The booties were surprisingly easy and worked up quickly, even on size 3 needles.
Mum borrowed the book to make some copies - we'll muddle our way through it together.
I've been reading a lot of knitting books and for some reason, knitting with double-pointed needles has suddenly *clicked* with me (Heh. As it were.). I don't HAVE any dpns, so I can't try it out, but now I can visualize what it should look like, and I'm dying to get my hands on a set so I can try making a seamless baby hat (those seams KILL me!).

5 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Speaking from experience, knitting with dpns is *very* easy and no hassle at all -- I've made sweaters, etc. this way... And not having to deal with the seams is sooo great!!!! :-D I used to knit a lot (not so much recently) and have a ton of books -- most of them in German, though... ;-)

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    BTW, the hat and booties are ADORABLE!! :-)

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Next time I see you, you'll have to teach me the technique. I've never tried it. In fact, it's been a long time since I knitted anything.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Lista said…

    That's the cutest baby set I've seen in a LONGGG time!! What book was it in? I might need to ask for it for Christmas!! And if you figure out the dpn's I swear I'm going to show up on your doorstep for lessons! How's that for incentive?

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Halcyon said…

    Works for me, Lista! If it'll actually GET you here, I'll run right out and buy a set! ;o)
    I got the pattern out of Easy Baby Knits by Claire Montgomerie. WELL worth the cost - there are maybe two patterns in the entire book that I DON'T want to try. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home