Perambulatory baby!
Sophie walked! All by herself! She's been walking to my hands for a week or two now, but it hadn't really clicked in her head that she could walk without me right there. Last night we were visiting at my parents' house, all of us in the living room. Sophie just out of the blue stood up, balanced herself, and walked clear across the room, all on her own! It's like a lightbulb went off in her head - hey, I can DO this!
Of course there was much cheering and clapping, so we repositioned her on the other side of the room and sure enough, she did it again! The funniest part was how excited she got over it - she'd throw herself at me and wiggle and squirm and kick her legs and laugh and laugh. What a ham!
All the while, Deet sat on the floor and calmly watched her do this - he can't be bothered to walk. Why should he, when we carry him wherever he needs to go?
Earlier today, Erich warned me that Deet was going into the bathroom. The cat's litter box is in there, so it's strictly off-limits to babies. I didn't feel like getting up, so I just called Deet. "Here Deet, c'mere boy! Come see me!" I wasn't actually sure he'd answer, but he whipped right around, kicked it into high gear and charged halfway across the house so I could pick him up, grinning hugely the entire time. It took awhile to get across to him the concept of coming when I call, but now that he's got it, he shows it off at every opportunity!
Of course there was much cheering and clapping, so we repositioned her on the other side of the room and sure enough, she did it again! The funniest part was how excited she got over it - she'd throw herself at me and wiggle and squirm and kick her legs and laugh and laugh. What a ham!
All the while, Deet sat on the floor and calmly watched her do this - he can't be bothered to walk. Why should he, when we carry him wherever he needs to go?
Earlier today, Erich warned me that Deet was going into the bathroom. The cat's litter box is in there, so it's strictly off-limits to babies. I didn't feel like getting up, so I just called Deet. "Here Deet, c'mere boy! Come see me!" I wasn't actually sure he'd answer, but he whipped right around, kicked it into high gear and charged halfway across the house so I could pick him up, grinning hugely the entire time. It took awhile to get across to him the concept of coming when I call, but now that he's got it, he shows it off at every opportunity!

2 Comments:
At 8:18 PM,
Lista said…
There is but one thing to say to this...AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
At 6:40 PM,
Teresa/ride4fun said…
OMG Halycon, enjoy the next couple weeks before you have 2 babies zooming in different directons. --well I know the girls will help you out but you're going to get even busier quite soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home