halcymouse

Saturday, March 01, 2008

MY graduation gift!

I should first say that I have the best husband in the world. Yep. Best one ever.

Why? Well, too many reasons to list, but today he bought me a digital camera. A camera leaps and bounds better than our old one, which, after four years of faithful service, is finally sounding its death rattle. (It will have a burial with full honors, don't worry.)
He said it was his thank-you gift to me for supporting him through academy. :o)

Anyway, I'm ridiculously excited because I now have a camera I can take GOOD pictures with, that really takes professional shots. I've wanted to get more serious about my photography for awhile, but it just hasn't been feasible until now. This camera isn't a digital SLR (my dream camera), but it'll stand in nicely until I can get one.

So three cheers for Erich!

And while you're cheering, enjoy the pictures I took today.


It takes pictures through the screen of the playpen, which our old camera wasn't even close to capable of doing. And I love the timing of this picture.

The very first picture of Turkish where you can see that he has blue eyes, not red!

We went out to the playground and spent an hour.




She's inspecting a bug here. She didn't want to slide until she knew exactly what KIND of bug it was.



And my favorite picture of Gabby today - it just makes me smile all over when I look at this.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Lista said…

    Adorable! And by the way, has anyone mentioned that *ahem* some of your children might possibly look remarkably like their beautiful mother? Wow!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    What a wonderful gesture of Erich, to show his appreciation of your support by giving you a present he knew you'd really enjoy and treasure... So sweet!

    I just love all of the new pics -- they're beautiful!!! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home