halcymouse

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Zoeisms

I can't remember Gabby mispronouncing words very often, although she had a few that were pretty cute. But Zoe is the queen of the mangled words, and it is often quite hysterical when she comes out with one. We don't spend a lot of time correcting her - we say it properly, and she eventually catches on. It's just so darned cute, I don't have the heart to fix it!

A few examples:

Our courthouse for a long time was the "port house", and then became the "pork house", which it still is now.

Ranch dressing is "branch dressing".

Pigs say "boink, boink".

The local EMS station is the "PMS station".

TV remotes are "am-remotes". That one's a head-scratcher.

And my favorite - there is a young girl at our church whose name is Camilla. Zoe caught sight of her the other day and turned to me excitedly, "Look, Mama, there's Vanilla!"

1 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Lista said…

    Should have known not to read that while drinking coffee! When I got to the "PMS station", I think some of it ended up in my nose!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home