halcymouse

Monday, January 05, 2009

Bloodthirsty child

I turned the tv on this morning to check something on the guide, and that old movie Romancing The Stone was playing. It was at the part where the bad guy is holding the jewel out over the water and cackling evilly when I realized that Zoe was standing next to me watching intently. Knowing what was coming next, and not wanting to traumatize the poor child by making her watch the guy get his arm bitten off, I fumbled for the remote, intending to turn it off. Instead, I dropped it. So I'm scrambling for the remote and trying to figure out if it would be faster to get up and run to the tv or just grab the dratted remote already, and by the time I got my hand around it, the cro had already jumped out of the water and bitten the arm off. Much screaming, blood, etc. FINALLY (it felt like a year but took about three seconds) I managed to get the tv turned off and I looked at Zoe, who hadn't made a sound. She asked curiously, "Did the man get eaten by the crocodile?"
I said, "Well, his arm did." Cringe, whimper, I'm a terrible mother...
She nodded thoughtfully and said, "Can I see it again?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home