halcymouse

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Allie the nag...

Is the only reason I'm posting right now. That and the fact that my tummy hurts and I'm not looking forward to the long walk back to my room, so I'm putting it off. :-P

So this is a (hopefully) brief update on how we're all doing.

The babies are doing great. Sophie nursed for 15 minutes on me this afternoon, which was wonderful. (And a little startling - I didn't think she was ready but she chowed down!) Deet was not interested when I tried to nurse him, but the night nurse said that he took a bottle this evening very well, so maybe tomorrow he'll be ready to try nursing again. In the meantime I am pumping as often as possible, but a little worried because my wonderful pump is finally starting to fail. The motor is catching and not wanting to turn on all the time, which makes me a wee bit nervous.

Gabby spent last night and today with us and we all had a wonderful time. She and her daddy played in the playground outside the hospital and rode the elevator to the 6th floor and back a dozen times while I nursed the twinfants this afternoon. :o)

Gabby went home this evening and Zoe came back with her daddy. She is happy to be here but had a hard time settling into her playpen for the night. Everything is topsy turvy and really difficult for her. Lots of cuddling and reassurances of love going on.

I'm doing well, healing up okay. I think I would be walking a lot easier if it weren't that my back is still very tweaky - leaning forward to accomodate my stomach makes my back scream, and vice versa. But we have a wheelchair for me, and I'm using it as much as I can to keep the pain to a minimum while I continue to heal. I feel more than a little silly being wheeled everywhere, but it does help.

The doctor will reevaluate on Monday and determine if either twin is ready to be discharged. If one and not the other is, then we will wait here at the Ronald McDonald House until both babies are ready to go home. The trek home is just too long otherwise. From the looks of things, it won't be too long now before both are ready.

Thank you to everyone for your continued love and prayer and support. I know it's helping, and it is so nice to know that we have so many people lifting us to Heaven in this trying time. We love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home