What's funny to a 4 year old
Last night I cuddled with Gabby and sang to her, which she thoroughly enjoyed. When it was over, she flumped down on her pillow, which is at the end closest to the fan, and I said, “Are you sure you want to be on that end?” “Yes!” she said, “I want to be HERE!” “Okay,” sez I, “But don’t blame me if I trip over you in the night and squash you like a bug.”
You should have seen the look on her face. Shock that something like that might happen. Then dawning laughter as she realized I was teasing. And finally an eruption of the giggles. Apparently being squashed like a bug is the pinnacle of humor to a 4 year old.

1 Comments:
At 6:49 AM,
Lista said…
Many things are funny to small children...and would be funny to us if we stopped to think about them. That's one of the best things about having kids: they force you to take time to smell the roses. Or laugh at them!
Post a Comment
<< Home