Gabby comments...
I wanted to record these while I'm thinking about them - I'll forget otherwise.
Gabby was holding Deet while sitting on Nanay's lap; while gazing lovingly down at him, she said in a tone of soft wonder, "Oh, you pweshus little baby Deet."
And a little later, still holding him, she looked up at Nanay and said, "This is my baby." We said, "Oh really?" And she nodded and said, "It's not Mama's baby anymore. It's my baby now." (Meaning he was mine while in my tummy but now he's hers.) I suggested that we share the baby and he be hers and mine both - ours. Her eyes got big and welled a little with tears - she did NOT like that idea. But instead of protesting, she just bit her lip and said diplomatically, "I'm finkin' 'bout it." (Today the novelty had worn off - 5 minutes after seeing the babies, she was agitating to go play again. :o)
Erich is enjoying making me laugh - he rolled over and nearly fell off the twin bed yesterday and I thought I'd burst my stitches, I was laughing so hard. His arms and legs were everywhere!
His latest was last night at the dinner table. The Ronald McDonald House offers dinner every night donated by various businesses - last night's was sponsored by "The Aerospace Optimist's Club". His comment, "Well, they kind of have to be, don't they? Do you suppose they fly along thinking, 'Gee, I sure hope this airplane doesn't crash!'?"
Okay, so I guess you had to be there. :-P Everything's funnier when it hurts too much to laugh at things!
Gabby was holding Deet while sitting on Nanay's lap; while gazing lovingly down at him, she said in a tone of soft wonder, "Oh, you pweshus little baby Deet."
And a little later, still holding him, she looked up at Nanay and said, "This is my baby." We said, "Oh really?" And she nodded and said, "It's not Mama's baby anymore. It's my baby now." (Meaning he was mine while in my tummy but now he's hers.) I suggested that we share the baby and he be hers and mine both - ours. Her eyes got big and welled a little with tears - she did NOT like that idea. But instead of protesting, she just bit her lip and said diplomatically, "I'm finkin' 'bout it." (Today the novelty had worn off - 5 minutes after seeing the babies, she was agitating to go play again. :o)
Erich is enjoying making me laugh - he rolled over and nearly fell off the twin bed yesterday and I thought I'd burst my stitches, I was laughing so hard. His arms and legs were everywhere!
His latest was last night at the dinner table. The Ronald McDonald House offers dinner every night donated by various businesses - last night's was sponsored by "The Aerospace Optimist's Club". His comment, "Well, they kind of have to be, don't they? Do you suppose they fly along thinking, 'Gee, I sure hope this airplane doesn't crash!'?"
Okay, so I guess you had to be there. :-P Everything's funnier when it hurts too much to laugh at things!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home